The Compliance Analyst ensures the bank is in compliance with various banking regulations (state and federal). They train to ensure the products and services offered by the bank are compliant. This position is located onsite in a branch, and is hourly Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding federal holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
|Position Title||Department||Reports To|
|Compliance Analyst||Compliance||Compliance Officer|
- Tracking Proposed Rules, Reviewing Relevant Compliance News and Conducting Regulatory Research
- Planning/Document Review for Rule Changes/Internal Changes
- Implementation of Process Changes due to Rule Changes/New Rules/Internal Changes
- Creation/ Implementation/Maintenance of Job Aids
- Preparation, Presentation and Tracking of Training (General Staff and Directors)
- Answer Compliance/BSA Questions from Co-workers
- Attend Meetings
- Reviewing Audit and Exam Reports
- Policy & Procedures Review/Revise/Create
- Reading Information on DCI Updates
- Internal Compliance Reviews (Self-Assessments)
- Audit Preparation
- Exam Preparation
- Attending training
- Preparation of Training Report
- Exception Tracking – Internal/Audits/Exams
- Oversight of Daily Reports and Monitoring – Including but not limited to TRID/AAN/Holds/GMI/ Appraisal Notices/Error Resolution/Proof of Joint Intent
- CRA Data Entry
- Branch Visits
- Complaint Monitoring/Management
- Policy Management – Tracking Board Approvals
- Updating Compliance Items on Board Agenda
- Organizing Audit and Compliance Committee Meetings
- Maintenance of Annual Review Schedule
- Maintenance of Annual Training Schedule
- Be familiar with the employee handbook and will be held accountable to the standards of conduct and expectations detailed therein.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or equivalent and on-the-job training
- Banking background of 3 to 5 years with experience in basic deposit functions and strong knowledge of loan processing is preferred, but, on the job training may be provided to the right candidate.
- Computer proficiency at a mid to expert level in Microsoft Office programs, expert level in Excel and Word.s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of problem-solving skills
- Ability to dissect and analyze complex data
- Ability to determine the cause and offer solutions when compliance issues are uncovered through regular monitoring.
- Ability to work with a team
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to complete tasks independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to switch from one task to another on short notice
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn how to utilize software provided by 3rd party vendors
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.