Oregon Coast Bank is seeking a controller. The ideal candidate will have experience as an accountant in our industry, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, this person will streamline our budgeting and financial reporting processes. The controller will also produce thorough financial-status reports for senior managers to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth. This position reports to the CFO.
- Maintain internal safeguards over financial data
- Report financial information to regulatory agencies
- Establish (in coordination with CFO) financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on biweekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, adhering to national and local legal standards while remaining knowledgeable of proposed legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows
- Support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Assist with financial audit management
- Be familiar with the employee handbook and will be held accountable to the standards of conduct and expectations detailed therein.
Required skills and qualifications
- Strong understanding of banking processes and financial data analysis
- Working knowledge of national and local tax regulations and compliance reporting
- Exemplary history of financial project management
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business, accounting, or related field
- Five or more years of experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Professional certification, such as CPA (certified public accountant) or CA (chartered accountant)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.