Browse all open positions below. If you find the right fit, just fill out the application form and bring it to your local branch to apply.
Customer Service (New Accounts / Teller)
Provides superior and quality customer service. Provides customers efficient and accurate transaction processing. Sells the Bank’s products and services. A customer service individual is often the initial contact with customers and as such is a critical position within the bank and an important member of the branch team.
Normal hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday with a one hour lunch break and two fifteen minute breaks during the day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all contacts, customers and potential customers.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of company objectives and goals.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- May be asked to train new employees and answer co-worker questions.
- Will be involved in receiving, verifying, and distributing cash. Must be accurate with counting, balancing and documenting numbers, etc.
- May be asked to open new accounts, close accounts, update accounts, issue debit cards, assist customers with account issues and will admit customers to safe deposit boxes.
- May operates a teller’s window to serve the bank’s customers by:
- Accepting retail and/or commercial deposits, verifying cash an endorsements and giving customers their receipts.
- Identifying customers and cashing checks, or referring customers to an officer for authorization to cash checks.
- Accepting savings deposits and withdrawals, verifying signatures.
- Providing additional customer services including Cashier’s Checks, Personal Money Orders, Savings Bonds, Gift Cards and Travelers Cards, Stop Payments, and Holds.
- Balances cash daily.
- Accepting payments for all loans.
- May be responsible for bank opening/closing.
- Open and close vault.
- Promote positive relations with co-workers and supervisors. Keep an open mind and positive attitude.
- Promotes the bank’s products and services; consistently cross-sells bank products at every opportunity.
- Makes concentrated effort to solve customer problems.
- Follows teller over/short policy.
- Position may require sitting and or standing for extended periods of time depending on if they are helping numerous customers in a window or dealing with new accounts or other duties at a desk.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are looking for an experienced loan officer to join our lending team in our Newport branch. This is a full time position with medical, vision and dental benefits, paid vacation and paid sick time. Oregon Coast Bank offers a ESOP & 401K plan with an Employer match. Oregon Coast Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with customers to determine their needs and negotiate deals
- Maintain an active knowledge base of all of the organization’s loan products
- Analyze risk and structure loans accordingly
- Perform cashflow analysis
- Underwrite loans
- Pull and review supporting documentation (credit reports, flood determination, preliminary title reports, etc.)
- Request and review loan documents
- Sign loan customers
- File documents, disburse loans and file/record pertinent collateral documents (ie. Deeds of Trust, UCCs, Fishing Vessel Mortgages).
- Maintain loan files, follow up with annual reviews and financial tracking
- Assist other lenders as needed
- Report to the Chief Lending Officer and Credit Administrator as necessary
- Present credits to the Loan Committee of the Board of Directors for approval
- Maintain customer relationships
- Generate new customer relationships
- Other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate has the following capabilities:
- Excellent communications and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and a mind for numbers
- Proficiency with Word and Excel
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Can negotiate with customers
- Has the ability to read and analyze financial statements and tax returns
- Knowledge of escrow and title transactions
Ready to apply? Fill out the application form and bring it to your local branch.